Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Just Checking In, Arcturus -OR- Still the Blog with a Great View

The cliffs of northern Guadeloupe on the "Grande-Terre" part of the island by a place called Pointe de la Grande Vigie (Place of (with?) a Great View?). I was there in 1993 with my dad and again 5 years later to see (by happenstance occurring there) the total solar eclipse of February 26, 1998. The first trip was much better. (The southern part of this butterfly shaped island is Basse-Terre, but it is the mountainous, lushly jungle-covered part. The northern half is flat and semi-arid.)

*******

Hey Arcturus blog,

How are you doing?

I'm just checking in over here. It has been 10 months. I know you are pretty much in a dormant state, a prolonged hibernation, if you will. I have a feeling, though, I may return to this blog at some point -- although I'd have to remove some offending entries as part of a general change in thrust of this blog.

The landscape around Antioquia, Colombia.

*******

Things are fine for me, I guess. Still working at the same place ... still going to the gym (my weight is down to about 145 pounds or off 40 pounds from my flabby peak back in June 2012 and more like 43 or 44 pounds of fat) ... Oh, and to be clear, I'm not trying to lose much more weight (maybe 5 more pounds maximum) but I'm pretty much where I want to be ... And, lastly, my life and existence is still deep inside the D.C. Bubble, and I'm unlikely to leave anytime soon.

Here is a recent picture of me taken last week (Oct. 18, 2013) in my apartment.

*******

I guess that's all for now. It's kind of late and I want to update my Regulus blog. I also need to make dinner -- and all before going to be bed around 130AM. I'm watching my late night TV right now (A Married, With Children rerun at this exact moment on Antenna TV.)

Take care, Arcturus blog. I'll check in with you from time to time. I haven't forgotten about you.

--Arcturus

No comments: